Saturday, February 1, 2020

Quick Trip to Omaha Nebraska

Kevin needed to go to Omaha to pick up a new truck. We were debating between us driving him over, or he was going to get an Uber to come pick him up and take him over. At the very last minute he ordered an Uber, then I called him up again and said we wanted to take him over. We needed a little adventure, and if he had to buy a hotel room anyway, then we might as well tag along and make a little trip out of it for me and the kids. 

We set out right after dinner. It took about 3.5 hours to get to Omaha. The kids started asking if we were there about 30 minutes into the trip, but it ended up being okay. I think Jason was the only one who actually fell asleep at all. I was grateful when we made it to the hotel, but really the kids did pretty well. 

We got all tucked into the hotel. Camille and Jason think staying at a hotel is the coolest thing ever (I did too at that age). They thought it was so special. Everyone fell asleep well and all the kids slept really good through the night. I did not sleep well through the night. My stomach was so sick, I ended up waking up in the middle of the night and made my way to the bathroom for a while. Luckily it was just during the night and I felt better by morning. And no one else was sick and slept through everything. So that is something to be grateful for. 

In the morning I went to pick up doughnuts for breakfast because the hotel we slept in was a cheap one. I drove over to a walmart, and then came back to the hotel. The doughnuts were terrible, so I ended up leaving again to go to Casey's and get some doughnuts.  In the end we watched cartoons and drank juice and ate doughnuts and it was the perfect morning. The kids loved it. If we all could just enjoy the little things in life more we would all be happier. 

After breakfast we dropped Kevin off at the place he was buying the semi and headed into town. We made our way to the free train museum and it was SO FUN. I really enjoyed it and I wish that Kevin could have come with us. It would have made it all the more fun. 

The Train museum was built inside of an old Carnage Library. I have a special place in my heart for Carnage Libraries because my library growing up in Ephraim Utah was a Carnage Library. 

Here are some pictures of our adventures at the Train Museum. 






After the museum we just drove home. We thought about taking a detour in Des Moines, but changed our mind. We just needed to be home. Even though it really was a quick trip, it was so fun and was just what we needed. I am glad I was able to spend some time with my family doing something fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment