Friday, July 26, 2019

Haderlie Family Reunion

This year since we were already in Utah, the kids and I decided to make it a priority to make it to the Haderlie Campout. We always love going, but we didn't know if we were going to be able to go this year. But we did. Shantel was kind enough to let us borrow all of their camping stuff so that we wouldn't have to pack ours, and it worked perfectly.

Kevin wasn't able to come, so it was just me and the kids. I wanted to get there early so that I had time to set up the tent and get everything ready by myself. I was also hoping to snag a camp spot that was close to the bathrooms. Little did I know that there was going to be no close camping spots to the bathrooms. This was a new campground that no one had ever been to before.

I was the first one to get there, so I got the kids out, and we went to take a look around. The only way to get to the camp grounds was to hike down a little hill. It isn't too bad if it is just yourself and you only have to do it once, but hauling down all of your camping gear plus three kids multiple times, plus bathroom breaks, it started to feel like a mountain each time. My fitness watch was so impressed with how much I was exercising the days while I was there.

People started showing up and we had dinner that night. The kids slept great, and we had a good time. I was wondering if we should leave the next day since I was leaving to Cambodia only a couple days later, but decided to stay one more night and I am so glad that we did.

We went on a little hike and saw a nice little waterfall. The kids got to play with all of the other cousins and they loved that. I felt like I got to see a little bit of a glimpse into Kevin's childhood. Running around and playing with all of the cousins. It was just so fun to see.

The next day we packed up and headed out. I felt grateful for all of the help that I received from so many people while I was doing this by myself. But I am so glad we were able to go see everyone and get to know everyone a little better.




 



 



 

 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment