Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Fun Little Hike


I wanted to get out and explore a little bit now that we are here in Iowa. About 4 miles down the road from us is a little hill with a walking trail on it. I thought we would go explore one day after church. Sadie was sleeping and so was Kevin, so I took Camille and Jason on a little hike and it was beautiful.

I wasn't sure what it was since I had never been there before, but it just seemed to be lots of trails that interconnected with each other. There was not a wrong or right was to go. And it actually went pretty far back. I was surprised with how long the trail could be. I let the kids choose which way we went each time we got to a fork in the road. It was so fun to not know where we were going. For a minute I was worried that we would get lost and have to trek through the growth to get back to our car. But thankfully the trail we chose led us right back to where we started.





















It was so beautiful and green and luscious. I was worried about ticks, because I am a worrier. All things aside it was a beautiful hike and I am excited to take Kevin back here someday to go on a little hike with us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment